1. I used to be a pretty good clarinetist, but I had to stop playing because making the embouchure was screwing up my jaw formation.
2. The first computer program I ever wrote was a QBASIC program which calculated escape velocity for arbitrary planets using an equation from GURPS: Space. I used it exactly twice.
3. I won second place in Poet's Fantasy's Limerick contest - a check for $15 and two contributor's copies.
4-7ish. Literary Favorites - Novel: The Glass Bead Game, by Hermann Hesse; Short Story Collection: Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams, by Sylvia Plath; Short Story: "The Last Question", by Isaac Asimov; Poetry Collection: Practical Gods, by Carl Dennis; Poem: "Ars Poetica", by Archibald MacLeish.
8. I could not read until I was 7 - I fooled my teachers by memorizing what people read to me, and my parents and teachers did not catch on to this for two years.
9. I was a diehard Rush Limbaugh fan from the ages of 12-15. Then I got smarter.
10. When I was wee, I had a muscular-skeletal defect that had to be corrected by wearing braces on my legs. I was very, very wee, because I don't remember wearing these braces at all.