2. Tom Daschle has been knocked out on his ass (GO SODAK!).
3. Russ Feingold, the only member of the US Senate to vote against the Patriot Act, is still a senator.
4. The Minnesota legislature has effectively evened up from a Republican majority to a party split. After years of grid-lock, we may start seeing something ACTUALLY HAPPEN.
5. The Daily Show is now slated to become the most popular and relevant fake news show in the history of media.
6. The lawsuits against Diebold are now "go" - when the CEO promises a state to a candidate and delivers it, there's plenty of room to manuever. I'm planning on donating to the EFF as soon as I can free up some savings.
I am remarkably detached now from the results of everything that has just transpired. Personally, I think Kerry did the right thing for America by conceding the election. The House, Senate, and White House are all Republican-controlled - this means that everything that goes wrong in their court for the next four years, the Republican party has nobody to blame it on but themselves. I don't envy them that position - I'm kind of glad they're going to take it in the ass for a while.
This election has elegantly personified the great cycle of political life - one group fucks it up, one group fixes it, again and again. We are fast approaching the time when we can no longer afford to let this happen, and for that, I am grateful.
For now, I will accept my hatred as hatred, but I won't give in - if I give in to my hatred, the terrorists have already won.