1. What's on your bedside table?
It's a bedside radiator - when sleeping, I have my glasses, watch, Sleepkiller (my old-ass alarm clock of Doom), whatever three books I've picked to read at bedtime, a little lamp, two Uniball micro pens, and a mini-lamp.
2. What's the geekiest part of your CD collection?
I'll try to interpret as best as possible - Cracking the Code - A Tribute to Kraftwerk and The Moog Cookbook.
3. What do you eat when you raid the fridge at night?
A special blend of potatos, ranch dressing, and parmesan cheese. Or whatever the hell I experimented in cooking the day before.
4. What is your secret guaranteed weeping film
Dead Poets Society. Hands down
5. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
I don't believe in makeup, let alone plastic surgery.
6. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Carnies - wait, you said irrational fear. Maybe - I don't think I understand the question.
7. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments?
The part where I twitch and yell "FUCK!"
8. Do you ever have to beg?
Usually not unless it's Gunn.
9. Do you have too many love interests?
Probably - I'm of the opinion that one can be too many,
10. Do you know anyone famous?
Nope. Holly Hunter sent me an autographed picture, though.
11. How much money would it take for you to give up the internet for a year?
I don't know - I can imagine quite a bit.
12. What is the color of your room?
It's blue- if it were green, I would die.
13. What was the last song you listened to?
Sadly enough, November Rain, which reminds me of those really painful junior high dances.
14. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yes, about 8 - I was the defense lawyer in The Sixth Juror in seventh grade, the Ace of Spades in second grade for the high school's production of Alice in Wonderland,Mendel in Fiddler, Sitting Bull in Annie Get Your Gun, the chef in Cinderella, a knight in Camelot, Einstein in Picasso at the Lapin Agile, the royal crier in Bottom's Dream, some schmuck in Meet Me in St Louis, and somebody unimportant in my sophomore year play, which was dumb.
15. Who is your best friend?
I have too many good friends to pick a best friend.
16. Have you ever been in love?
Yes- most of it unrequited.
17. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
Not really, and yet sortof enough to keep going.
18. Have you ever done any illegal drugs?
19. Have you ever been told you were cute?
Yes - oddly enough. Keep in mind this does not gibe with my current self-image.
19. Spontaneous or plan?
20/80 Split - I spontaneously break plans.
20. Who do you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Nicolas Cage. Period.
21. Describe your bed.
I bought it from a drug dealer on University Ave - it's from the "Blue Moon" series of hotel beds, has box spring, and is quite firm. Coverlet is royal blue, no other sheets, and a white and blue quilty-thing that I've had since forever. The pillowcase is all fluffy clouds on a blue sky.
22. Do you know how to play poker?
I'm your huckleberry.
23. What do you carry with you at all times?
Two black ink Uniball micro-tip pens, a wooden comb, my keys, my wallet, some scrap paper, and some change.
24. How do you drive?
Like an old, stock-car driving granny - I've been told that I drive very well, but overly-defensively.
25. What do you miss about being little?
How I could hallucinate a different reality whenever I wanted to. I guess that leaves you when you get older.
26. Are you happy with your given name?
Nicolas, in Greek, means "victory of the people." So, given that much to live up to, an ambivalent yes.
27. Are you a nice person?
I can't answer that - I don't know what nice is anymore.