Turn the pages, turn to stone
Behind the door, should I open it for you?
What I've felt, what I've known
I'm sick and tired, I stand alone
Will you be there, cuz I'm the one who waits for you
(Because) I'm unforgiven, too
--- Unforgiven T(w)oo, Metallica, as sung by the Sandowski Files
So here I am, in lovely Kirk Hall again, at Macalester College. I live one room away from the former MGS president, who I have succeeded through no skill of my own. It is a white, sunless void. Most of my stuff is out of boxes, and some of it is being used right now.
Priorities being what they are I went to sleep, woke up, assembled my desk, plugged in my computer, and went to eat. I think that's about right.
Only Susan and Luckjohn are back in the area for now. Hopefully, more people will start streaming back onto campus, and clear away the tumbleweeds. For now, it is lonely and desolate, like the rest of Minnesota that surrounds it.
This being my first entry since the new year, and some hang-ups about homework and the like, here's a quick bring-y'all-up-to-speed thing -
- Wisconsin, in December, is the Hoth of America. There is nothing to do except watch for Imperials (old high school classmates), go to bars, and wonder what that smell is. Maybe Han didn't go to a lot of bars, but you know that's what he was thinking.
- How geeky are you when you ask for a computer case as your "big thing" for Christmas? Pretty, I'd wager. And I even got the one with the window, so I can watch my computer do things visible not even to the human eye.
- I saw almost all of my friends from high school that I should like to (Paul, Bill, Joel, Sarah, and others) and entirely too many that I didn't. Life is like that.
- I am some sort of breeding ground for rampant stomach infections. Yeah stomach infections and Christmas!
- I saw Lord of the Rings 4 times. If you haven't seen it, I can discern no good reason as to why you would even be reading this. Thank you Jim, for owning a theater.
So, for now, I have three projects to finish, an advisor to contact, a room to organize, a wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.Well, get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything </ul>